Monday, May 2, 2011

The J is Blown

playlist:


The rain has stricken PA with a lot of unfishable water. Flood levels and high gas prices have kept me within the city on my weekends. I've been getting drunk, paying bills, doing laundry, and sleeping in. I've been thinking about floating the Little Juniata River for a month now in search of Grannoms and rising trout. I don't think the Grannoms ever became fishable because the water was so dark when they hatched the fish couldn't see them.With the rain I thought that streamers could pick up fish, but the river has been so blown every weekend in April that I dared not to venture out. Reports of a lost angler on Slippery Rock Creek have me fearing that the floods took the actually life of somebody. For me the rain has just messed with my lifestyle a bit. I guess that it is good to take a break from the fishing, but this time of year is usually the start of the best fishing. Today the stream gauge on the J shows over double the average. But the weather looks wet throughout the week and into the weekend. Maybe I'll go up next weekend and just float the thing with a life jacket on. The rain has made everything an electric green color that helps me survive in this concrete jungle.






beer

No comments:

Post a Comment